Insulation board is a lightweight insulating material with a smooth surface. They have a high compressive strength, moisture insensitive and aren’t rotten. The insulation board is available in two thicknesses. First are insulation board sheets and r-value insulation boards. Caution: The R-value is the insulation of the glass wool plate. This is not the same as the insulation of the whole structure.
- Heavy (concrete) floor structures
- Inverted roof (rooftop)
- Coating of thermal bridges and exterior basement walls
Why home insulation is important?
If you want to insulate only brick wall or poorly insulated cavity walls. You must choose the Styrofoam insulation, Insulation board and Extruded polystyrene material. Because by using these materials you can decrease about 20% of the heat from your house and save a lot of money. Moreover, a good insulation gives a comfortable home. You can calculate how much you can save by insulating your exterior wall and roofs.
However, there are many more reasons to insulate your exterior:
• Your house is worth more: By insulating your exterior is your home more energy efficient. This is reflected in the Energy. If you want to sell the house, an energy certificate provides the buyers information regarding energy bill. A better conduction of your hose has a positive effect on the selling price. Also increases an extra room rather than for example a un-insulated storage, the value of your home.
• Optimal comfort: A loft feels comfortable because the walls feel less cold. In summer, a well-insulated room stays cool longer.
• Less noise: A well-insulated wall gives less traffic noise.
• No moisture and mold more: by you outside to insulate properly increases the internal temperature of your walls. As a result, moisture and mold problems are avoided. So a well-insulated house has a positive effect on your health. Make sure to provide adequate ventilation.
• Save the environment: Insulation reduces energy consumption. You will save (scarce) fuels and contributes to reducing CO2 emissions.